July 5th, 2009, 20:39 Posted By: wraggster
Mon OuÔe posted this on ps2dev:
Perhaps have you seen Vincent Xu's patch to Ruby here ?
I just used it and the devslib in order to do like some did for Lua: a program which can run game entirely written in Ruby.
It aims to provide high-level interface, and to be easy to use.
If you speak French, you should know "Joyau" Means "Jewel"
Actually, there are some features like :
- A working sprite system ;
- A particles generator ( just a frontend to the devslib one in fact) ;
- A scolling class ;
- Some audio function ( really basic though, I've to work on that... I'll try with OpenAL to provide ogg support at least )
- Also, text manipulation ( drawing text, ... )
- Possibility to draw basic forms ( Circle, rect, ... )
- Some things provided by Ruby itself
However, the documentation is still really uncomplete, since I can't use tools like doxygen, even if there are some samples which can "explain" you how it works.
You can get source on github : http://github.com/Kode/Joyau/tree/master
And, for people who can't compile, I provide an EBOOT too : http://github.com/Kode/Joyau/downloads
( Ahem... Now I notice a typo on the download description... well... I'll corect that the next time )
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here